The Christie is operated by The Christie NHS Foundation Trust.
It is the largest single-site comprehensive cancer centres in Europe (Organisation of European Cancer Institutes accredited), treating more than 60,000 patients annually.
The Oncology Facility, established in 2010, is situated within a dedicated specialist research space and includes 10 inpatient beds, 26 treatment chairs, and 16 outpatient clinic rooms.
- Outpatient area
- Day-case area
- Overnight ward areas
- Complex immunotherapy and Immune Effector Cell/CAR-T therapy.
- Digital Patient Design Lab – co-designed by patients supporting the generation and testing of novel digital solutions in collaboration with researchers and users.
Access to additional specialist facilities supporting Manchester CRF research studies:
- Elekta Unity MR-Linac, the first machine in the world to combine high field-strength MR imaging with a linear accelerator in a single system, supporting studies in prostate, cervical, lung, and HPB cancers.
- Proton Beam Therapy (PBT) centre. One 1of only two NHS PBT centres, supporting research studies in all ages.
- JACIE accredited apheresis service and cell storage space to facilitate ATMP trials.