About Manchester Clinical Research Facility
Manchester CRF believes that collaborative partnerships play an essential role in improving care for the patients we serve through research.
Manchester Clinical Research Facility (CRF) delivers early phases studies (first in human through to Phase IIb/III) in adults and children across all therapeutic areas and all cancer types, with an extensive track record of supporting over 600 early-phase commercial and academic clinical trials. We deliver complex, high-quality experimental medicine studies to time and target and drive faster translation from bench to bedside. Our experienced research staff, including world-leading researchers can advise on all aspects of study design and delivery. With a diverse Greater Manchester population of 2.8M our research partners benefit from the large potential for recruitment.
We partner with leading industry, charity, academic and clinical organisations that share our vision and ethos.
Over 60 per cent of our active research portfolio is delivering commercial clinical trials across the biotech, pharma, advanced cell and gene therapy and medtech sectors. We have a track record of taking interventions from early through to later phase delivery, linking closely with our local academic teams and clinical research network (CRN). We have experience working with small start ups to large pharmaceutical companies, and welcome enquiries from all industry sectors.
To find out more contact please contact Dr Colette Inkson, Innovation and Partnerships Manager or call: +44 (0) 161 306 5331.
We work in close collaboration to many charities and other clinical research infrastructure to help drive their priorities and make leaps in the evaluation of new clinical treatments and interventions.
Reasons to partner with Manchester Clinical Research Facility
Our clinical research facilities are embedded within leading research hospitals across Greater Manchester, providing extended access to the clinical expertise, facilities and equipment available for the delivery of cutting-edge clinical research.
- Dedicated clinical research and administration teams to support studies
- Advanced nurse practitioners as part of the research team
- In-house clinical trials physicians
- Regular resuscitation and emergency scenario training, with all clinical staff trained to at least ILS standard
• Dedicated adults and children’s clinical research facilities across 4 sites in Greater Manchester
• 30 beds, 22 treatment chairs and 26 clinic rooms
• Advanced capabilities for phase I and II studies, particularly complex studies involving multiple disciplines
• Cutting-edge research imaging capabilities with three MRI scanners, Proton beam therapy, MR-Linac
• Lung function and challenge suite
• something about links to haematology and pharmacy
• Adaptable treatment spaces
• In-house medical cover
• 24/7 inpatient and outpatients services
• 24/7 pre-analytical laboratory testing
- Key opinion leaders across many clinical specialties and disciplines
- World leading experts in delivery of complex early phase studies in respiratory conditions, rare diseases, oncology, inflammatory conditions and infectious diseases.
- Extensive expertise in the design and delivery of advanced cell and gene therapies for rare disease and oncology in adults and children
- Lead site for delivery of vaccine trials, including the Gritstone multivariant study.
Regional diagnostic & treatment centres:
- Manchester Experimental Cancer Medicine centre (ECMC),
- Manchester Advanced Therapies Treatment centre (iMATCH),
- Proton Beam Research Centre,
- North west lung centre,
- North west Genomic medicine centre,
- Willink centre for metabolic conditions
- 70-day start up performance above national average
Find out more about our clinical research facilities
The Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital (RMCH) is the UK’s largest and busiest children’s hospital.
Manchester CRF at RMCH was the first specialist children’s research facility in the North West and is one of only a handful across the UK, and with access to all of the hospital’s state-of-the-art equipment and resources, children can take part in research studies alongside on-going treatment.
Arrange a visit to Manchester CRF
If you would like to arrange a visit to see any of Manchester CRF’s facilities and discuss what we could offer, please contact Dr Colette Inkson, Innovation and Partnerships Manager or call: +44 (0) 161 306 5331.